Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Alabama Department Of Economic and Community Affairs
Steve Walkley, Division Chief, Workforce Development Division
P.O. Box 5690
Montgomery, AL 36103-5690
Phone: (334) 242-5300
Fax: (334) 242-5855
Key Workforce Priorities
- Maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and responsiveness of the Alabama Career Center System.
- Ensure that workforce development programs and services are aligned with current and future needs of job seekers and employers.
- Increase the number of skilled workers in Alabama’s labor pool.
- The Alabama economy is expected to expand by 2.4 percent in 2014, better than the growth rate of approximately 2.0 percent in 2013.
- Alabama’s labor force was 2,147,125 in May 2014; 2,000,057 employed with a 6.8% unemployment rate.
- By sector the top five employers in Alabama are manufacturing, health care services, retail trade, educational services and accommodation and food services.
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local American Job Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Labor Market Information - view State Directors of Labor Market Intelligence.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.