Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Alabama Department Of Economic and Community Affairs
Steve Walkley, Division Chief, Workforce Development Division
P.O. Box 5690
Montgomery, AL 36103-5690
Phone: (334) 242-5300
Fax: (334) 242-5855
Key Workforce Priorities
- Maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and responsiveness of the Alabama Career Center System.
- Ensure that workforce development programs and services are aligned with current and future needs of job seekers and employers.
- Increase the number of skilled workers in Alabama’s labor pool.
- The Alabama economy is forecasted to expand by 3.5 percent in 2011, up from 2.2 growth in 2010.
- Labor force was 2,132,080 in December 2010; 1,937,394 employed with a 9.1% unemployment rate.
- Large manufacturing and services employers will be major economic drivers in 2011. These include firms in industries such aerospace and defense, automotive, steel, utilities, and the State’s major universities.
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.