Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Arkansas Workforce Investment Board
Cindy Varner, Assistant Director for Employment Assistance
2 Capitol Mall
Little Rock, AR 72203
Phone: (501) 371-1028
Fax: (501) 683-5858
Key Workforce Priorities
- High Growth/Career Pathways Initiative: Develop educational pathways to high wage/high demand occupations.
- English Proficiency Initiative: Remove barriers to successful workforce entry and career advancement for persons with limited English proficiency.
- Mature Worker Initiative: Promote the value of mature workers to the State’s labor force.
- Arkansas Disabilities Initiative: Facilitate occupational and professional mobility for persons.
- From June 2009 to June 2010 Arkansas had the 7th highest percent change in employment. Only 10 other states had positive growth over this same time period.
- In November 2010, the unemployment rates in Arkansas’ 75 counties ranged from a low of 5.3 percent to a high of 16.3 percent.
- In December 2010, Arkansas’ unemployment rate was 7.9 percent. Compared to other states, Arkansas ranks 18th (out of 51) in terms of unemployment rates.
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.