Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Workforce Arizona Council
Sheila Shedd, Manager
333 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (602) 845-1241
Fax: (800) 542-5684
Key Workforce Priorities
- Strategic alignment of public and private resources with the needs of workers and employers.
- Leadership in the development of strategic partnerships with economic development, the workforce system, state agencies, and businesses to bring opportunities to the state.
- Population: 6,595,778
- Median household income: $51,009
- Per capita money income: $20,275
- Persons below poverty level: 14.7%
- High Growth Industries: Aerospace and Defense, Renewable Energy, Allied Health, Information Technology
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.