Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Colorado Workforce Development Council
Stephanie Steffens, Director
633 17th St, 12th Floor
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303 318-8113
Fax: 303 318-8049
Key Workforce Priorities
- Create a business-driven system engaging education, workforce, and economic development in an ongoing feedback loop that ensures we respond to business needs with urgency and relevancy.
- Provide for business needs that leverage sectors and emerging jobs to remain competitive in a changing economy
- Create statewide retention initiatives to help maintain business vitality, employee retention, advancement and economic growth in Colorado
- Provide focus and support for lifelong and career-focused education (K-12 thru Senior Citizens) incorporating a set of innovative programs that engages our youth and internships to expose High School/College students to the Colorado business environment
- At 8.8%, Colorado's unemployment rate in December, 2010, was slightly lower than the national average.
- Employment increased in four of Colorado’s eleven major industry sectors during 2010, including education and health services, leisure and hospitality, professional & business services, and trade, transportation and utilities.
- In 2010, other Colorado industries continued to decline, including construction, information, financial activities, and manufacturing.
- In December 2010, Colorado posted a year over year gain in wage and salaries for the first time in 2 1/2 years.
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.