Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Delaware Workforce Investment Board
Gwendolyn Jones, Executive Director
4425 N. Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19802
Phone: (302) 761-8160
Fax: (392) 762-2138
Key Workforce Priorities
- Strengthen relationships with state workforce partners to build a stronger and more integrated workforce system.
- Increase awareness and build solid working relationships with the business community about employer services and Workforce Investment Board Activities.
- Expand community partnerships that can assist clients in overcoming barriers to obtain/retain employment and successfully complete training.
- The Delaware Workforce Investment Board continues to work closely with Faith Based and Community Organizations as evidence by making Microsoft's Elevate America available to its FBCO partners.
- Delaware’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in November 2010 was 8.4%, up from 8.3% in October 2010.
- There were 35,500 unemployed Delawareans in November 2010 compared to 37,000 in November 2009.
- Since November 2009, Delaware’s total nonfarm jobs have increased by a net gain of +1,100, a rise of 0.3%.
- Over the past twelve months, the job gains in Delaware were in Leisure and Hospitality at +2,800, and Education and Health at +2,200.
- The largest over-the-year job losses were in Professional and Business Services at -1,900, Manufacturing at -1,000, and Retail Trade at -900.
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.