Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Iowa Workforce Development Board
Diane Oak Goode, Board Administrator
1000 E. Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50319
Key Workforce Priorities
- Creating 200,000+ jobs
- Realizing a 25% increase in family income
- Achieving a 15% reduction in the cost of government
- Developing the best public school system in the nation.
- Iowa’s 2010 population totaled 3,046,355, which was up 4.1 percent from the 2000 decennial census. The U.S. population grew by 9.7 percent from 2000 to 2010.
- Iowa’s 2010 population ranks 30th in the nation.
- For December 2010, Iowa reported the 6th lowest unemployment rate in the nation at 6.3%.
- Iowa’s preliminary labor force figure for 2010 is 1,678,900. The 2010 preliminary unemployment rate is 6.7%.
- According to the state’s industry employment projections for 2008-2018, all industries are expected to grow by 10.5% over the ten-year period
- Iowa’s high-growth industries for the 2008-2018 period will include: Internet Service Providers (Web Search), Other Information Services; Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services; Ambulatory Health Care Services, and Social Assistance.
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Customer Testimonials – find first-hand quotes from customers in this state.