Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Idaho Department of Labor
Roger Madsen, Director
317 West Main Street
Boise, ID 83735
Key Workforce Priorities
- Continue support for the workforce and education system with available resources, minimizing impact on system capacity
- Enhance partnerships among government, business and education to achieve goals through low cost/no cost models of innovation
- Establish processes and programs to ensure work readiness of the emerging and current workforce
- The number of projected job openings in Idaho over the next decade is expected to exceed 281,000; 111,300 new jobs and 165,300 replacement employees will be needed
- The top 10 hot jobs in Idaho will require more than a high school education
- Eighty-eight percent of Idaho’s population 25 & over have at least a high school degree and 60% have some college or more
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.