Working for America
State Workforce Investment Board
Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
John Weber, Deputy Director, Office of Workforce Development
4020 East 5th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43219
Key Workforce Priorities
- Creating a cohesive economic and workforce development structure and aligning Ohio education, workforce and economic development systems.
- Establishing a regional sector workforce development strategy for the State of Ohio.
- Reducing barriers to pursing and acquiring education and training credentials.
- Ohio's labor pool of 5.9 million workers is among the largest in the country, larger than the total population of 35 states.
- Ohio ranks 3rd in the nation for total manufacturing employment.
- Ohio's median household income was $48,023, as reported in the 2006-2008 American Community Survey.
Local Workforce Investment Boards – find local Workforce Investment Boards in this state.
Local One-Stop Career Centers – find local Career Centers in this state.
Workforce Success Stories – find workforce success stories in this state.
Workforce Innovations – find innovations designed by boards in this state.